Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog 4

Facebook is a social networking site that has millions of users and probably gets even double that amount in site hits per day. It is a way for people to interact with each other without having to have a face to face encounter. For some, it is an extremely useful tool, however for others; it is just a complete waste of time.


For me, facebook is a useful tool, however only in the right setting. I use it just like every other college student does; however, I do have some issues with it. For one, coming from experience, facebook can be a major distraction from academics. It has gotten to the point where I have learned to leave my laptop in my apartment when I am in class because there’s too much temptation to get sidetracked from the school work that is much more important than an hour of online socializing. Also, it takes away from the more personal aspect of one’s social life, especially in college. I personally would rather go out and meet people face to face than sit on a computer and make friends virtually. On top of that, how do you really know that who you’re interacting with is REALLY who you are interacting with? It definitely leaves room for a lot of questions that have not so appealing answers.

Overall, facebook is a great way to kill time or interact with friends when you have no other way of doing so. Other than that, it’s just a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment